Request To Join Hindi Translation Team

Hi there fellow contributors,
I wanted to help translate the Django docs, but in transifex whenever I try to join the team of Hindi it shows no language exists like that.

So I wondered if you have to add me to the team.

I cannot request to be added to the team either! so I am asking in this forum.
Screenshot of that is attached here.

1 Like

Hi,
I cannot explain the Transifex behavior, however if you give us your Transifex username, I may add you to the team. It also looks like a coordinator is missing, would you be interested to have that position?

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply, I would be interested to contribute to the Django docs Hindi translation team,

My Transifex Profile: https://www.transifex.com/user/profile/VaarunSinha/

And can you define the responsibilities of a coordinator?

Regards,
Vaarun Sinha

And can you define the responsibilities of a coordinator?

At the minimum, you should handle team join requests. Then ideally, you should check before each major Django release that Django translations are at 100% (currently at 58%, so there is something to do there before translating the docs!). Once a language is at 100%, this means at most one hour every 8 months to keep them at this level.

Translating the docs is a huge task, so no requirement is put on teams or coordinators for that, it’s just bonus :smile:

Thank You, I would love to be a coordinator, and also I have been added as a member to the Hindi Translation Team.
Regards,
Vaarun Sinha

1 Like

I also see many things, which are translated with google translate but it is not accurate Hindi, So I will review the strings first :blush:
Regards,
Vaarun Sinha

1 Like

Thanks for your willingness… and congrats for your new role :1st_place_medal:

Tell me if you finish a complete string review and reach 100%, we might include that in a minor Django release.

1 Like

Yes, I will try to translate 30 strings a day at least and review 20 of them!

By the way are you in the Django community discord? Can’t seem to find you there…

Regards,
Vaarun Sinha

No I’m not.