Starting GSoC 2022

I’m a little confused by what you mean by multiple backends, do you mean allowing multiple backends in the same project, and being able to choose which backend to use for each email?

P.S — should I create a new topic about this? I have a few questions, I hope you don’t mind :sweat_smile:

The details are in the mailing list thread linked above. That doesn’t include a full-spec, but it’s as good a starting point as we have (and there are several concrete ideas there). Working out the details is the project I think.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Neel Shah, pursuing MCA from GLS university. I am new to open-source contributions and I am well aware of python, and a learning face of Django.
I would love to contribute but could you please give me some guidance on how to start?

hoping to hear from you soon
Regards
Neel Shah

Welcome @neelshah53 !

The general advice I see on here is to begin with The Contributing Guide.
Contributing to Django | Django documentation | Django

Start with reading that, and then do reach out if you have questions.

Just to add to what @KenWhitesell said there, we’ll be applying for GSoC again in 2023, but that’s not until the the new year — the application process hasn’t even begun.

If you want to apply though, the best way to improve your chances is to get involved already, following the links to the Contributing Guide Ken gave.

that’s mean gsoc 2023 hasn’t begun yet?

I am Neel Shah, pursuing MCA from GLS university. I am new to open-source contributions and I am well aware of python, and a learning face of Django.
I would love to contribute but could you please give me some guidance on how to start?
and which project do I want to select as the beginner contributor ??

please suggest me.
thank you so much

Hello, @carltongibson I am interested in contributing to Django and GSOC’23.

I have experience in python, C++, and some python frameworks but am new to open-source dev.

May you list some projects to which I can start contributing early on?

Also, should I setup up dual boot Linux for dev environment?

I’d begin exploring the Contributing Guide — get set up with the test suite, go through the First Patch tutorial, and so on.

Also, should I setup up dual boot Linux for dev environment?

I don’t think that’s necessary. (I develop on macOS mainly, and then Windows secondly; others use Linux, but whatever your platform of choice is should be fine. :woman_shrugging:)

Thanks @carltongibson, I will get started right on. :grinning: