Django Project Idea for GSCO 2020(Mentorship)

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I am Aakash Baranwal from Agra, India. I wish to propose a project for GSOC 2020.

I propose to build a complete website on Django which enables users for easy integration of Chatbots developed on frameworks like Dialogflow (by Google) and others. I have been working around finding a solution for easy integrations of a chatbot I developed using Dialogflow for my website. One way to do this was I found on Google codelab’s but I believe since every organisation now wish to have a chatbot of their own but at the same time they wish to optimize the cost. So, the proposal is to develop a website which generates a single api which would be called whenever a user makes a query on the chatbot only if no response was generated out of all the queries and responses stored in the database and every new query and response which is generated shall be saved in the database as well.

Kindly let me know your opinions and suggestions.

Thank You

With Kind Regards
Aakash Baranwal

[edit: removed wrong assertion about mailing list]

I can give a little feedback - generally, we look for projects on Django itself as part of GSOC, and if not, we like them to be a cruicial part of the community (e.g. django-debug-toolbar would make sense). I don’t think a separate chatbot abstraction layer is the sort of thing we’re looking to sponsor - it just affects too few people. Sorry!

It’s stated here under Communication that the Django Forums Mentoring channel should be used to submit all proposals and other GSoC-related communication.

I think it was also mentioned on the mailing list that they wanted to use the Django Forum more.

My mistake, I didn’t see that! Apologies to all involved.

Yes, thanks Andrew.

I thought the forum might work better than the mailing list, so I’ve asked people to post to the Mentorship channel here.