Updates to DEPs 1, 10, and 12 to reflect current governance

I’ve proposed some changes to DEPs 1, 10, and 12 to update them to reflect governance changes over the years: Update DEPs 1, 10, and 12 to reflect current governance by jacobian · Pull Request #81 · django/deps · GitHub

The intent for this to be purely mechanical and descriptive, just changing to reflect how things currently work rather than any substantive changes. But that wasn’t 100% possible, since DEP 1 defines some requirements for “Core Developers”, who no longer exist.

Because of that I’d like a review from the community and the Steering Council. My take is that this shouldn’t require a formal SC vote since it’s just mechanical, but if the SC determines they do need a vote, please let me know and I’ll wait on that.

cc @ubernostrum @andrewgodwin @adamchainz @charettes

Thanks for the adjustments @jacobian

I don’t have much to say about them that you haven’t already pointed out. I think they are very welcome to ensure DEPs are kept coherent with the current state of things and I personally believe that they do not warrant a SC vote.

I also think that, being a mere rearrangement of the existing rules to make them more readable, it does not need an SC vote.

(also, helpful note, we have a @steering_council mention that you can use for summoning us for votes or other reasons)

I saw that group, but when I tried that I got an error:

Anyway, thanks. I’ll give this a few more days for other folks from the SC to weigh in if they want, and then merge this.

Ah right, the mention permissions on that group were quite strict. I’ve loosened it.

2 Likes