Django Fellow Report - Natalia

Adding these options to manage.py test makes sense! I agree they are super helpful. Shall we create a separated topic to propose the (extension?) feature and gain consensus?

Honestly that is one of the things where consensus is imo a given thing. The functionality already exists in Django so it literally makes no sense to expose that as 3rd party app when we can reuse the existing code. We obviously need a ticket but I don’t think there will be any arguments there.

I agree, let’s get a ticket (in a rush atm otherwise would write myself).

Week ending 2023-11-19 (Week 46)

Triaged

Reviewed

Authored

Other/Misc

• Reviewed DSF Board candidates statements and voted.
  • Commented on various forum posts.
  • Preparation for Django 5.0 Release Candidate release.
    • Updated the translation catalog for stable/5.0.x, for both domains (django and djangojs), resulting in an empty diff (after ignoring changes to file lines).
    • Updated man page.
1 Like

Created #34981 (Promote `--pair` and `--bisect` from `runtest.py` to be available as flags for the Django `test` command) – Django

2 Likes

Week ending 2023-11-26 (Week 47)

(Sorry for the delay posting this report.)

Triaged

Reviewed

Authored

Other/Misc

1 Like

Week ending 2023-12-03 (Week 48)

Triaged

Reviewed

Authored

Other/Misc

• Preparation for the Django 5.0 final release, intense work on a few release blockers for the Admin UI (see Discord thread 1 and thread 2).
1 Like

Week ending 2023-12-10 (Week 49)

Triaged

Reviewed

Authored

Other/Misc

3 Likes

Week ending 2023-12-24 (Week 51)

This is a short week for me, I’m taking some time off starting tomorrow until End Of Year. I’m traveling to visit family :car: :briefcase: :people_hugging:

Thank you, everyone, for this amazing year. It has been incredibly invigorating, and I’ve learned so (SO!) much about Django, its community, and its processes (and still so much more to learn!). I’ve had the pleasure of meeting many amazing people, and I feel fortunate and incredibly privileged.

Triaged

Reviewed

Week ending 2023-12-17 (Week 50)

Triaged

Reviewed

Authored

Other/Misc

5 Likes

I created a new topic for 2024 reports.

1 Like